Welcome to japanesetin

This sight is mainly for pictures, and video of old vintage japanese, and vintage americana with some,new stuff thrown in the mix! Check out some of the products for sale please feel free to browse around! We got a little of everything just cool stuff!

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

THE TALE OF 2

So it started back in 2004 when I bought my '69 Wagon, pretty much all stock... About 6 months later I was talking with my buddy Troy (www.ermish-racing.com) about building a motor for the wagon (2.3L) while driving up to Sacramento to take a look at Mark Lowes FJ20 Turbo 510. When we got to Marks house and Troy made a deal to buy Mark's car and come to find out that it came with 2 extra FJ motors; One NA the other a stroker turbo motor in pieces. After strapping the car down and starting the long drive home we struck a deal to build the NA FJ motor for my wagon, it was also said that if Troy ever sold the "Turbo car" that I had first dibs. Eight months later once again Troy and I struck a deal and now I owned the Turbo car also. After dealing with the engine failure and a rebuid and a new tune it was back up and running as was the wagon. After finding out the new tune from Jim Wolf was crap I decided it was time to tear it all down and start over. It's been a little over two years and a lot of money but both cars (I'm hoping) will be up and running soon, money permitting. Just wanted to say thank you to my good friends that have helped me out along the way; Little Mikey (wiring), Mike Janke (Metal fab), Troy Ermish (Engine builds on both FJs), Lisa LaFranca (moral support) and the rest of my friends who have lent a hand along the way,
Wanna see more? 
2dr build pics http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd282/datsunowner/fj20turbo%20project%20REBUILD/
wagon pics.http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd282/datsunowner/69FJWGN/?action=view&current=rusty003.jpg 

No comments:

Post a Comment