Welcome to japanesetin

This sight is mainly for pictures, and video of old vintage japanese, and vintage americana with some,new stuff thrown in the mix! Check out some of the products for sale please feel free to browse around! We got a little of everything just cool stuff!

Monday, August 1, 2011

My new everlast powerpro 256 combo unit is here!

Ive actually had this new welder/plasma/stick machine for about a week now and have been using it for everything I can think of.  So far it works well I'm not a huge fan of the giant water cooled torch i got with it, but I may switch that later on down the road. I can honestley say I am pleased with the unit.  The down fall to this machine is the fact that the plasma cutter is way overrated. I think. 3/8 maybe 1/2 inch thick is about all this machine is really capable of, if you want a good cut (I have not cut 1/2 with it yet). For the money this is a very good machine. It is a import welder and i cant say how long its gonna last compared to the blue and red machines. So far it has the same features as the other more spendy welders, same amount of welding power if not more than the others. I really like the 4T and 2t positions cause alot of times when your under a car or hanging upside down to weld a joint its so nice to have a button on the torch to fire it up, instead of having to work the pedal. In the 4t mode you can set your start amps and end amps with the upslope & down slope feature which is very nice so you get a nice crisp clean start, and a clean stop with no crater/pin hole. very nice feature. Anyways enough rambling check out my little video I made of the plasma in action with my little homemade circle cutter.

1 comment:

  1. Nice circle cutter, Luke. It's those kinds of things that make it possible to steer clear of 'The Man' and still get your project done. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete